Instructions to Unlock Modem
1) Select your modem's manufacturer from the list below.
2) Next, select the dongle model you want unlocking & add it to the shopping cart.
3) After we have received your order we will send the unlocking solution with easy to follow instructions to your email address.
Note: Manufacturer & model details are usually printed on the back of the device or (if applicable) in the battery compartment.
Unlocked Dongle has specialised in unlocking mobile broadband modems, USB dongles and data cards since early 2008. When we first started out, it was only possible to unlock dongles from a few UK network operators - but now we can unlock hundreds of models allowing us to unlock dongles and unlock modems from wireless internet operators all over the world.
We unlock older 2G data card devices and the very latest 3G, 4G (WiMAX and LTE) wireless devices, no matter which mobile network operator supplied the device.
When a dongle has a network 'lock' applied it will only work with SIM cards from the original carrier that supplied the device. Unlocking the modem removes this limitation allowing it to work with SIM cards from other mobile broadband operators.
How to Unlock Dongle
There are two main methods we use to remove the network ‘lock’ from a dongle.
- The most common method is by using a code which is generated from the modem’s IMEI number. The unlock code is applied to the USB modem and the device is unlocked for use with other SIM cards.
- The second method is a small software program that’s installed onto the same computer as the dongle. When the software program is launched it will automatically detect and unlock modem.
Both methods are very simple to use and only take a few minutes to complete. If you do have any problems using our service, please feel free to contact us for help.