Huawei are one of the world’s largest manufacturers of modems and dongles, supplying many mobile broadband operators.
Huawei mobile devices supplied directly from a network carrier are locked, which prevents them from working with SIM cards from other wireless internet operators. After a Huawei dongle has been unlocked it will continue to work with the original carrier that supplied the device, but also other carriers.
Why unlock Huawei modem
Removing the network lock from a Huawei dongle is very simple and offers the following benefits.
- An unlocked dongle accepts SIM cards for other operators, this means that you can shop around for the cheapest data rates.
- Using mobile broadband abroad is very expensive as the network provider charges a roaming rate. With an unlock Huawei dongle a SIM card from a local carrier can be used in the dongle without having to pay costly roaming costs!
- The demand and resale price for an unlocked device is much higher as it will work with other operators and not locked to just one carrier.
How to unlock Huawei dongle
All of our solutions are easy to use and won’t take longer than a few minutes complete. We use two different methods to unlock Huawei dongles, they are:
- Unlock Code - We generate a code from your Huawei dongle’s IMEI number (a type of serial number) which can then be applied to the modem and free it from the network lock. This method is the most common method to unlock Huawei modem.
- Unlocking Software - Some Huawei dongle models have a network lock applied that cannot be removed using a code, for these devices we use special unlocking software. When the software is launched it will automatically unlock a Huawei dongle.