Cannot change the APN settings of a Wireless Modem
The suggestions below for changing the Access Point Name settings are mainly targeted at the ZTE mobile hotspot devices MF30, MF60, MF61, MF62 etc, but are applicable to just about all other wireless modem devices.
- Insert the SIM card from the original mobile network provider
- Turn off automatic connecting and set to manual
- Make sure the device is disconnected from the mobile network
- Create a profile with the APN settings for the SIM card you want to use
- Set the profile as the default
After changing the APN settings insert the SIM card for the network you've just configured a profile for and connect.
Turn automatic connection back on, if required.
APN greyed out
Change APN Profile
Cannot change APN
Button greyed out